Multichannel video installation commissioned by Ian Schrager and Steve Rubell for the opening of the Palladium, a large-scale New York nightclub.
The piece describes the birth of a new environment utilizing unique fractal and particle system software to express natural evolutionary processes - ending up with a tree dancing in a disco. It was designed for exhibition on Palladium's 50 monitor moving video display system.
Other commissioned artists included: Francesco Clemente, Jean-Michel Basquiat, Keith Haring, Kenny Scharf, Laurie Anderson and Arata Isozaki.
Music by: Carter Burwell.
- "Digital Visions: Computers and Art".
- Everson Museum of Art Syracuse, NY.
- "Computer Superstars" EZTV Gallery Los Angeles, CA.
- "VALIS" - A multimedia opera and exhibition. Concept and Music by Todd Machover, Musee National d'Art Moderne, Centre Georges Pompidou Paris, France.
- "Computer Art: The Future Today" Aerospace Corporation Gallery El Segundo, CA